Commitment to sustainable fibers

Every year around 150 billion garments are manufactured and only 1 in 1,000 pieces sold is recycled. *
In Spain, it is estimated that more than 80% of the fabrics produced go to the landfill, and although collection and recycling rates in Europe as a whole improve, they hardly reach 50%.

We are facing a global concern, every year millions of closets are filled with pieces of clothing destined to go to the landfill, which are finally burned or buried with other waste in the earth.

The main problem lies in a compulsive and unwise purchasing. We should change the focus and start being conscious buyers, buyers of what we are really going to be able to use and reuse, in order to stimulate collaboration to achieve a circular fashion economy in the future. However, the life cycle of a product depends on many factors and we cannot always be in control of them.

Recycling and the biodegradable end of life of a product is our primary focus as it guarantees the restart of the cycle and the care of the environment and people.

At Holistex Group, we have been concerned with working with recycled materials and materials that biodegrade in a relatively short time.

More and more companies like Eileen Fisher, Patagonia, IKEA … carry out programs that promote the recycling of their own pieces of clothing, both to resell it and to manufacture new pieces.

Creativity, care and love for what we do, make the group’s sustainable textile production possible today. To ensure that our processes are sustainable, our holistic vision is focused on innovation and development, productive improvement and optimization of resources.

Always committed to the use of fibers of natural origin, that is, renewable and with a biodegradable end of life, at Holistex Group we constantly work in the search for best practices at source.

At Dobert Textile, 95% of the fibers consumption are of natural origin and biodegradable and part of the remaining 5% comes from recycled synthetic fibers (polyester and polyamide), as is the case with the Econyl material. Wool accounts for 30% of our fiber consumption, linen and cotton account for more than 35%, and 84% of our cellulosic fibers come from the most environmentally friendly options, such as. TENCEL™. (20% of total fiber volume) and ECOVERO™ .

Our experience and the union of knowledge of the entire group guarantee a proximity, traceable and transparent production process, with the maximum benefit for the consumer and the environment. Holistex Group continues the history of creativity and innovation in the textile industry, maintaining an ethical commitment to minimize environmental impact and continue creating solutions for sustainable development, the planet and the people.

*Source: Eileen Fisher